Split-Sanded Bamboo: Natural Bamboo Poles
Safari’s split sanded poles are made from Solid Bamboo. The are split in half, and then the skin is sanded off. This allows for stains, paints, and sealers to be used easily. It is commonly used as wall-cladding and ceiling treatments.
- Appearance: 1/2-round solid bamboo with the skin removed. Slight taper.
- Grade (Int. vs. Ext.): Suitable for primarily interior applications. Exterior use minimally requires additional sealers.
- Comm. vs. Res: Both
- Durability: Extremely durable, but with the skin removed, it typically needs a protective topcoat.
- Size: Poles are typically 1″ x 12′ or 2″ x 12′. They are 1/2-round, and as such will protrude 1/2″ – 1″ from the surface it is applied to.
- Ease of Installation: Simply fire a SS staple or nail through the bamboo. Tip: We have found that by nailing through the node of the bamboo not only provides for a far superior strength of hold, it also helps to hide the nail itself.