Gazebo: Sunset Cabana This 12.5′ diameter thatched umbrella kit has been one of Safari’s best selling kits over the 30 years we’ve sold it. Used in applications from braid huts at Caribbean resorts to residential pool-side shaded dining, and even shaded picnic areas in state and national parks, this structure’s history of success speaks for itself. This cabana comes with 4 Eucalyptus poles (peeled cedar or Duracane bamboo sleeved steel poles are also options), a commercial-grade Galvanized steel frame, and your choice of thatch.
- Appearance: 12.5′ diameter shade, umbrella frame on four posts, with thatch of your choice.
- Grade (Int. vs. Ext.): Perfectly suitable for both interior and exterior applications
- Comm. vs. Res: Both
- Fire Protection: We offer a full range of fire rated options if required.
- Durability: The structure has a long history of surviving multiple hurricanes. Regarding thatch, see durability on thatch choice. With all thatch options, when thatch has reached the end of its usable lifespan, simply unclip and replace with new.
- Size: Approximately 12.5′ shade diameter (depending on style of thatch), typically 10′ height with an approx. 7′ clearance around the perimeter. Our eucalyptus posts are 4-5″ in diameter standard, however if you wish to upgrade to larger 5-6 or even 6-7″ diameter posts, those options are certainly available, and commonly used.
- Ease of Installation: As this is a larger build, you will require a minimum of 4 people to lift the frame onto the structure. In addition, Safari recommends ground burial of the posts, with 2′ deep concrete footers. Please check with your local code requirements and permitting office to ensure you’re compliant. Once the structure has been installed, thatch can be completed with just two people.
- Materials: Eucalyptus posts, Galvanized steel frame, thatch of your choice.