ViroThatch: Bali perfectly imitates the traditional Balinese alang-alang thatch. Best of all, this is available with both a non-fire retarded as well as Class-A fire rating! Finally an alternative to PVC with a comparable fire rating, and none of the toxic or UV/fading PVC drawbacks. Brand new for 2011, Safari is proud to launch this new line of synthetic materials. HDPE (high-density polyethylene) material is 100% recyclable, non-toxic, safe, U/V stable and color-fast, it’s maintenance and pest free, and is visually stunning!
- Appearance: Balinese-style alang alang highly realistic synthetic grass thatch, with a lighter tan color tone (unlike the grey tone of ViroThatch: Aged Java)
- Grade (Int. vs. Ext.): Perfectly suitable for both interior and exterior applications
- Comm. vs. Res: Both
- Fire Protection: We offer a full range of fire rated options.
- Durability: Manufacturer-backed 20-year limited warranty
- Size: standard panel: 31″ wide x 24.5″ long
- Ease of Installation: Simply fire a SS staple or roofing nail through the binding strip into your dried-in roof deck. Panels are installed minimally at 9″ O.C.
- Color: HDPE is completely U/V-stable. As such, there are no fading issues like you would see in PVC and some other other plastics
- Materials: 100% HDPE (high density polyethylene), which means this product is 100% recyclable without any toxic by-products – the greenest of all synthetic thatches on the market today