Rope: Manila A standard manila rope, this hard natural fiber rope has very little stretch. It is resistant to sunlight and doesn’t melt like synthetic roping material, but is susceptible chemicals. This natural hemp can be used structurally, but is not as strong as Safari’s Polyester Rope. This rope accepts a dye well, and its manila color and natural texture are perfect for your tropically themed projects.
- Appearance: Manila colored rope of various diameters. Hard natural fiber.
- Grade (Int. vs. Ext.): Perfectly suitable for both interior and exterior applications
- Durability: As a natural product, expect normal weathering based on your climate. Highly resistant to sunlight, and doesn’t melt like synthetic roping material. Very little stretch. Drawback is that chemicals will break it down.
- Size: Available from 1/4″ up to 2″ thick, and in rolls of 600 feet (1/4″ rope is 1200ft)
- Strength: Very strong rope, can be used in structural applications. Better to be used indoors in this fashion however as overtime, weathering will begin to compromise its strength. Not as strong as synthetic roping.
- Materials: Natural hemp product