ViroThatch: Java Umbrella
A darker colored variation of our Bali Umbrellas, otherwise identical. Sometimes “new” is not always best. Our Java umbrellas will look as if they’ve been around for a long time. The coloration is designed to mimic the natural silvering of natural thatch. Not only does this synthetic thatch umbrella last three times longer than our natural thatch umbrellas, but it comes with a warranty, it won’t shed over time, there are zero problems with birds or insects, and best of all, this is available with 3 levels of fire retardancy, from a non-fire retarded, to a Class-B, to a full Class-A fire rating! Finally an alternative to PVC with a comparable fire rating, and none of the toxic or UV/fading PVC drawbacks. HDPE (high-density polyethylene) material is 100% recyclable, non-toxic, safe, UV stable and color-fast, it’s maintenance and pest free, and is unmatched in its authenticity!
- Appearance: Closely resembles Safari’s natural Tahiti Thatch umbrellas. Light tan and slight pale green hues.
- Grade (Int. vs. Ext.): Perfectly suitable for both interior and exterior applications
- Comm. vs. Res: Both
- Fire Protection: Non-fire rated, Class-B, and full Class-A options are available.
- Durability: Manufacturer-backed 15-year limited warranty
- Size: note: all Umbrella kit sizes are the approximate diameter of the shade, and depending on the style of thatch chosen, small variations in actual diameter will occur. For larger diameter frames (12.5′ diameter and 16′ diameter) on multiple posts, please see related products below.
- 7.5′ Diameter, single post
- 9′ Diameter, single post
- 11′ Diameter, single post
- Ease of Installation: our 7.5′-11′ diameter umbrellas are designed to be installed by 2 people. And take 2-4 hours to complete.
- Color: THATCH: HDPE is completely U/V-stable. As such, there are absolutely no fading issues in sunlight unlike PVC and other plastics; FRAME: standard frame is the gunmetal color of galvanized steel, although powder coating options are possible.
- Materials: THATCH: 100% HDPE (high density polyethylene), which means this product is 100% recyclable without any toxic by-products – the greenest of all synthetic thatches on the market today; FRAME: Hot-dipped Galvanized steel frame.