ViroThatch: Reed Umbrella Panel perfectly imitates traditional lodge-style cape reed thatching. Best of all, this is available with 3 levels of fire retardancy, from a non-fire retarded, to a Class-B, to a full Class-A fire rating! Finally an alternative to PVC with a comparable fire rating, and none of the toxic or UV/fading PVC drawbacks. HDPE (high-desity polyethylene) material is 100% recyclable, non-toxic, safe, UV stable and color-fast, it’s maintenance and pest free, and is unmatched in its authenticity!
- Appearance: Perfect replication of the African Thatch Reed panels that Safari has sold for the past 30 years – even down to the textured, multi-hued reed strands.
- Grade (Int. vs. Ext.): Perfectly suitable for both interior and exterior applications
- Comm. vs. Res: Both
- Fire Protection: We offer a full range of fire rated options.
- Durability: Manufacturer-backed 20-year limited warranty
- Size: standard panel: 31″ x 17.5″ starter panel: 31″ x 8″ eaveswad: 31″ x 4″ x 4.5″ thick
- Ease of Installation: Simply fire a SS staple or roofing nail through the binding strip into your dried-in roof deck. Panels are installed at 8″ O.C.
- Color: HDPE is completely U/V-stable. As such, there are absolutely no fading issues in sunlight unlike PVC and other plastics
- Materials: 100% HDPE (high density polyethylene), which means this product is 100% recyclable without any toxic by-products – the greenest of all synthetic thatches on the market today